Occasionally, I come across homes with laundry chutes. While these chutes—like the one pictured during an inspection in Ferndale—may provide homeowners with the ability to toss soiled garments straight into the laundry area, they also pose as a potential safety hazard for children.
One example: In 2012, a two-year-old New Hampshire boy ended up falling 20’ down a chute. His quick-thinking dad actually had to punch a hole in the wall to rescue him before the fire department showed up. Check out the video below.
Do you have questions or comments about home inspections in general? Go “All” in and tweet us (@AIHomeInspect).