All Islands Home Inspections serves all of San Juan, Whatcom, Skagit, Island, and Snohomish Counties. Whether you’re buying or selling a home, I am truly committed to providing you with the absolute highest level of service and professionalism. University of Washington educated and a local since 1981, I am truly committed to establishing long term relationships and providing a service you can trust. Ultimately, you can expect nothing less than a very thorough, thoughtful, and professional Home Inspection and Report. Please call me at (360) 298-1163 to schedule your next home inspection! I’d love to exceed your expectations.
All Complete Home Inspections include a Structural Pest Inspection, exceed industry standards, and are conducted by Tim Hance.
Sellers & Seller’s Agents: Seller’s Consultations are a new service catering to Sellers and Sellers’ Agents. Instead of a full blown Seller’s Home Inspection – which provides much detail of no interest to Sellers – I provide consulting services to identify areas of concern for the Seller. I can provide consultations on all areas of the home, to include attics and crawl spaces. Think of it as a walk-and-talk consultation; I inspect while the Seller or Realtor takes notes. Eliminate surprises and identify potential issues with the home UP FRONT, before the Buyer’s Home Inspection. $125/hour (2 hour minimum); most homes take 1-2 hours.
- Washington State Licensed Home Inspector #624
- Experienced: Over 5,000 Inspections Conducted
- Board Certified Master Home Inspector
- 10+ Years Construction Experience
- Tim Hance has been active in construction, both remodeling and new construction, since 1997. In this time, he has remodeled over 10 homes – the oldest home built in 1917 – and constructed 5 new homes.
- NACHI Certified Professional Home Inspector (member # 7090404): The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) is the world’s largest non-profit inspection association. All NACHI Certified Inspectors have successfully passed NACHI’s rigorous Inspector Examination, taken a Standards of Practice Quiz, completed a Code of Ethics Course, adhere to Standards of Practice, abide by a Code of Ethics, and attend required continuing education courses.
- AHIT Certified Professional Home Inspector: Tim Hance has attended and graduated from the American Home Inspectors Training Institute (AHIT) at Renton Technical College. AHIT, a leader in home inspection training since 1993, is recognized and approved by professional organizations such as ASHI, NAHI, NACHI, and has a curriculum approved by over 120 colleges and universities.
- WSDA Licensed Structural Pest Inspector (Washington State License #75011): Tim Hance is licensed by the Washington State Department of Agriculture to perform Structural Pest Inspections. Structural Pest Inspections, and Complete Wood Destroying Organism (WDO) Reports in particular, report on the presence of and conditions conducive to termites, carpenter & moisture ants, wood infesting beetles, and wood fungus. Licensed Structural Pest Inspectors must pass the required WSDA examinations, submit proof of financial coverage, and own or be employed by a company with an SPI Company License.
- NEFSI Certified Siding Inspector: Tim Hance has completed training and is recognized by the National Association of Exterior Finish System Inspectors (NEFSI) as a Certified Siding Specialist Inspector. This certification certifies the inspector’s proficiency in determining quality siding and installation methods, identifying recognized defects inherent to composite and other siding products, ensuring compliance with manufacturer’s product warranties, and accurately determining the type of siding and extent of damage should the need to make a claim arise.
- Remote Island Home Inspections: All Islands Home Inspections has a 22′ SeaSport Sportsman motor boat which provides quick, year-around, and easy access to all remote islands for home inspections.
- 10+ Years Active Real Estate Experience
- Tim & Liz Hance have been active in the real estate market acquiring, developing, and selling properties since 1999.
- Local Resident of San Juan Islands and Anacortes since 1982.
- As a local, Tim Hance is committed to establishing long term relationships and providing a top notch service you can trust.
State-of-the-Art Inspection Equipment
Carbon Monoxide Analyzer: Bacharach Fyrite Tech 60 Combustion Analyzer
- Moisture Meter: Protimeter Surveymaster
- TIF8800 Combustible Gas Detector
- Electrical Testing Equipment: GFCI Receptacle, Line Voltage, & Circuit Analyzer
- Microwave Testing Equipment
- Infrared Laser Thermometer
- Infrared Thermography
- Sophisticated Narrative Format Reporting Software
- We utilize a sophisticated narrative software reporting system that presents easy to understand, informative, full-color Home Inspection Reports complemented with digital photography. Reports can be emailed to clients in PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format or downloaded from our secure password protected website.
Tim Hance was recently published in the Journal of Analytical Chemistry. Check out the article here!
2009: American Home Inspector’s Training Institute; Seattle, WA
- Completed additional 120 hours of continuing education coursework and certification credits at Renton Technical College in Seattle, WA (November 2009).
- Completed forty (40) hours of on-site field training coursework through AHIT and Renton Technical College in Seattle, WA (December 2009).
- Awarded full-ride scholarship to and completed requisite coursework through NIFAST to become a certified as a fire safety professional capable of providing fire safety inspections in residential and commercial buildings.
2007-2009: Ongoing Annual Continuing Education Coursework
- Classes taken and passed through NACHI (National Association of Certified Home Inspectors), WSDA, and other organizations to maintain currency, licensing, and certifications.
2007: Washington State Department of Agriculture; Olympia, WA
- Tim Hance is has passed the examination and licensing requirements to obtain a Structural Pest Inspector (SPI) license.
2007: American Home Inspector’s Training Institute; Renton, WA
- Attended and became a certified home inspector at the American Home Inspector’s Training Institute at Renton Technical College.
- Washington Scholar (full-ride academic-based scholarship)
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry (3.72 GPA)
- Gouterman Research Group (1992-1996)
- Presented papers at the 1995 American Chemical Society conference in Parks City, Utah
- Responsible for the research, synthesis, and development of novel photoluminescent molecules for a variety of proprietary applications
- Technical liaison between Research Group and outside contractors
- Awarded full-ride academic scholarship as a University Fellow to the U.C.L.A. Graduate School of Chemistry and Biochemistry (1997)
1988-1991: Orcas Island High School; Orcas Island, WA
- 4.0 GPA (Valedictorian)
- A.S.B. President
- National Honor Society President
- All-State & All-League Honors in Football (1990, 1991)
I’ve always strived to keep my personal life separate from my business. When considering my community service endeavors, however, I felt it was important for clients- all potential, existing, and past- to understand that I’m more than just a great local home inspector. I’ve tried to convey this by highlighting the fact that I’m college educated and a published scientist. My wife encouraged me to illuminate some of my public service interests. I do so to show that I’m passionate about the communities in which we all live, I’m passionate about helping children realize their fullest potential and live amazing lives, and I hope this might encourage those of you reading to also give back to the community.
- Director of Basketball Operations: Orcas Christian School
- Men’s Varsity Head Basketball Coach: Orcas Christian School. In January 2013, I started a girls’ basketball program at Orcas Christian School with only six (6) players. Within 45 days, we had over 20 players, men and women, 90% of whom had never played organized sports in their lives. We created a men’s and women’s basketball program at the school that is truly changing lives, keeping at-risk youth off the streets and out of trouble, and inspiring young men and women to strive for success on and off the courts. My involvement in this program has been an inspiration on so many levels, stemming from my belief that sports are an amazing and safe vehicle in which youth can experience some of life’s most challenging lessons, learn how to persevere and overcome difficult obstacles, and experience a level of commitment and passion necessary for true personal success. We played over 60 basketball games this past 2013-2014 season and the teams have gone from completely inexperienced to legitimately competing at a high level, and winning, against other high school varsity teams. The Orcas Christian School board voted to join the WIAA in 2014 and compete within the NW1B League which is a really big move for the school. It’s been an honor and blessing to give back to the community, mentor our youth, and establish a legitimate high school athletic department at OCS. Go Saints & Lady Saints!
- Founder of Orcas Island Spelling Bee: I am the lead organizer for the Orcas Island Spelling Bee. Last year, we participated in the Scripp’s Spelling Bee; our 7th grade finalist went on to finish 4th in state! This year, without a sponsor for Scripp’s, I had to be more creative. So, I’m putting together a 4th-8th grade Spelling Bee for all kids on Orcas Island. I expect an audience of 400+ at the Final Bee, and all students on Orcas Island to participate. Next year, I intend to put together a Bee for all of the San Juan Islands and have an “Island Cup,” if you will, but for spelling and academic excellence.
- I’ve been a soccer coach for recreation programs for 4 years, and a baseball coach for 3 years.
- My wife and I are very involved in the schools and work together with the PTSA to put on fantastic events (e.g., movie nights, roller skating, harvest festivals, etc.).
- Co-Founder of Jr. Vikings Basketball Program: This is a developmental, skills based program for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade girls that is alive and well in its third year! It’s a big goal of mine to make athletics accessible to ALL students, regardless of skill level. Skills come with practice. Everyone should have an equal opportunity to discover the great sport of basketball!
- Head Coach AAU girls basketball team (2011): We are a part of the Ferndale AAU program. Our 5th/6th girls basketball team will play 10 games, and attend 3 tournaments between January and March (22 games!). It’s a HUGE commitment for coaches, parents, and players. We practice 2-3 times weekly, with games almost every weekend.
- Head Coach of SWISH Basketball for 5th and 6th grade girls for the past three (3) years (2008, 2009, 2010). The SWISH program is run by Skagit County Parks and Recreation. Games are weekly in the Mount Vernon area October through December. Our teams have fared very well in these programs, placing anywhere from 4th to winning a few titles! For me, it’s not about winning, but rather about players learning how to give and play their personal best. If you give your personal best, you’re a winner, period. There are so many valuable life lessons taught on the basketball court and it’s an honor and privilege to be able to coach these amazing student athletes.
These are some of my current community service endeavors. I’m sure I’ll be adding more soon. Thanks for reading!